Religiana aims to become the reference site in religious heritage – through effortless interlinking to other sites – and aims to become economically self-sustaining – through a small levy on donations.
Religiana encourages contributors to articulate their financial needs and users to make tax efficient on-line donations.
Religiana sets out to:
- Provide the general public with on-line multilingual information about:
• Churches and other religious buildings, their history, architecture and contents;
• Details of events and activities taking place within them;
• Opening hours;
• Church trails and pilgrimages.
- Help managers of individual churches and associated NGOs to:
• Promote the interests or activities of their church or NGO;
• Build virtual communities of interested individuals;
• Receive on-line donations / Manage tax credits.
- Develop a single source of accurate up to date information about Europe’s religious heritage to:
• Permit its systematic promotion to visitors via e.g. tour operators or guidebooks;
• Provide factual evidence of the sector’s economic and social value
• Increase visitor numbers to the ‘Biggest Museum in Europe’;
• Promote churches as centres of the local community and history;
• Increase donations to places of worship by articulating needs and maximising fiscal benefits;
• Provide the factual foundation for a convincing ‘Case for Churches’.
Find it on religiana.mobi. It is being piloted in the UK, France, Belgium and the Netherlands.
• The prototype is now functional;
• The next step is to add content by ‘crowd sourcing’;
• An initial ambition is to provide translations into English;
• Thereafter, Religiana will be extended to other countries and regions.
TRY religiana.mobi on your smartphone, PC or pad.
© Religiana is developed by FRH in partnership with national/regional partners.