TweetJan Kurek and Anna Sołtysik (Poland)  Forms and interior divisions of churches in the west and east of Europe have always been similar. People honoured God through cathedrals and small temples, where the interior decoration was rich and enchanting, … Continue reading
Tweet “Sustaining Europe’s rural religious heritage” 29 October – 1 November 2014, Halle – Germany ……
TweetAn article by Celestine Bohlen, June 2, 2014, appeared on the New York Times website and in the International edition of June 3rd. BRUSSELS — When a church closes its doors, it is a sad day for its parishioners. When … Continue reading
TweetEnglish - Français - Deutsch - Svenska - Nederlands 4 out of 5 Europeans think that religious buildings are essential for community life, and want them used more widely. A poll run in April 2014 by the network Future for Religious Heritage (FRH), conducted by Sociovision and … Continue reading
Tweet Crispin Truman, chief executive of the CCT, wrote this blog kickstarting the discussion about the subject of our annual conference. This year FRH Europe’s international conference is on the subject of rural historic churches, synagogues, chapels and other places of worship … Continue reading
The Friends of the Cathedral of Bazas present a festive history lesson – “The history of France, from the year 1000 to Jeanne d’Arc”, by Maxime d’Aboville, a young theater actor whose star is rising – in order to collect funds for the restoration of one of the cathedral’s stained glass windows. This will be the first in a series of performances covering the whole history of France up to the Revolution, and also including a musical recital.
Read the whole article in French, including ticket information, here.
- EUROPE – stronger European support for cultural heritage
- Novelty vs. Loyalty in Cultural Tourism
- QUEBEC – Much discussion, little action to save heritage
- FRANCE – Heritage suffers from budget cuts
- FRANCE – Culture falls below 1% of state budget
- UK – Heritage has the power to change lives
- UK – Buddhist buildings and English heritage
- FRANCE – Youngsters explaining religious heritage
- TURKEY – Baptist church leaders congress on ‘religious tourism’