Tweet PhD. C. Arch.Mara Popescu A sensitive area,which can be easily destroyed by people’s ignorance, is a nation’s cultural history. The respect for the authentic valuesof the past, as well as discovering and preserving it, defines the noble mission of … Continue reading
Tweet “Sustaining Europe’s rural religious heritage” 29 October – 1 November 2014, Halle – Germany ……
TweetAn article by Celestine Bohlen, June 2, 2014, appeared on the New York Times website and in the International edition of June 3rd. BRUSSELS — When a church closes its doors, it is a sad day for its parishioners. When … Continue reading
TweetEnglish - Français - Deutsch - Svenska - Nederlands 4 out of 5 Europeans think that religious buildings are essential for community life, and want them used more widely. A poll run in April 2014 by the network Future for Religious Heritage (FRH), conducted by Sociovision and … Continue reading
Tweet Crispin Truman, chief executive of the CCT, wrote this blog kickstarting the discussion about the subject of our annual conference. This year FRH Europe’s international conference is on the subject of rural historic churches, synagogues, chapels and other places of worship … Continue reading
The Dutch care facility Scivias Zorg from Kerkrade is looking for a vacant monastery in which it could house a new project. The organisation wants to help homeless youngsters, who are vulnerable to abuse and addiction, by giving them a roof, education and work experience. The young inhabitants would be taking care of the building themselves, and the monastery and its immediate surroundings would be conceived of as a small village.
Bent u eigenaar van een geschikt klooster, of heeft u een tip, dan kunt u contact opnemen met de directrice Alice Kruijen via firstname.lastname@example.org of 045-5439300.
Read more in Dutch here.
- RUSSIA – Gothic church’s frescoes destroyed during restoration
- ‘Space age’ Bolton church hailed by Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber
- ROMANIA – Medias synagogue coming slowly back to life
- ITALY – £5m painting stolen from church because of lack of funds
- UK – Fundraising training “Giving to Heritage”
- FRANCE – Expo “from sketch to site”, Renzo Piano’s Ronchamp monastery
- FRANCE – “France, what have you done to your heritage?”
- Call for Entries: 2015 EU prize for cultural heritage
- UK – ‘Champing’: camping in disused churches