Tweet Erhaltung und Nutzung des Religiösen Erbes im ländlichen Raum in Europa FRH-Tagung, 29.10. – 01.11. 2014, Halle (Saale), Deutschland Summary Community development and volunteering in a rural parish in Sachsen-Anhalt by Sonja Hahn Art Historian, Chairwoman of „Förderkreis Entschlossene … Continue reading
Tweet Naftali Bendavid of the Wall Street Journal has devoted a long article about the plight of religious heritage buildings in Europe. He has spoken to FRH council member Lilian Grootswagers as part of his research. Headlined “Hundreds of Churches … Continue reading
TweetAn article by Celestine Bohlen, June 2, 2014, appeared on the New York Times website and in the International edition of June 3rd. BRUSSELS — When a church closes its doors, it is a sad day for its parishioners. When … Continue reading
TweetEnglish - Français - Deutsch - Svenska - Nederlands 4 out of 5 Europeans think that religious buildings are essential for community life, and want them used more widely. A poll run in April 2014 by the network Future for Religious Heritage (FRH), conducted by Sociovision and … Continue reading
TweetDe Kapelle now gathers around 40 lovers of religious heritage to help sustain the five churches of the commune. They also organise visits to help others enjoy the heritage.
Créée en 1996 par la volonté de quelques amateurs du passé historique religieux d’Halluin, De Kapelle recense actuellement une quarantaine de membres. Durant toute l’année, les bénévoles assurent l’entretien et le fleurissement des cinq chapelles que compte la commune et organisent également des visites guidées des différents édifices.
- The NETHERLANDS – Thinking out of the box for abandoned churches
- MALTA – St John’s makes room for more tourists
- GERMANY – Challenges ahead for the Archdiocese of Cologne to maintain their buildings
- FRANCE – Local business engages to save church paintings
- QUEBEC – ‘The heritage aspect is the future of the Cathedral’
- WORLD – UNWTO/UNESCO World Conference on Tourism and Culture
- USA – Documentary makes lost Polish synagogue rise again
- EUROPE – Training sessions for crossborder Jewish tourism guides in Poland, Belarus, Ukraine
- ICELAND to build first temple to Norse gods since Viking age