TweetVenice, 1st March 1993. A 15th-century oil painting, a masterpiece by Giovanni Bellini featuring a Madonna and Child, gets stolen overnight from the Church of Madonna dell’Orto. The umpteenth theft of a precious artifact in a Venetian Church. Corriere della … Continue reading
Tweet - The tOpic - PARTNERSHIP – SPEAKERs and presentations – event Feedback – photos – Follow up report To raise awareness of the threats facing Europe’s religious movable heritage and to share expertise and experience on the common challenges faced all … Continue reading
TweetThe Church of Sweden manages a great number of buildings, and there is a lack of knowledge of their precise numbers. This is now the topic of a nation-wide study.
- We have great Knowledge of our 3400 churches, but the congregations also own other venues for other activites and administration, says Lars Johnsson who leads the study.
More in Swedish: Stor kartläggning av kyrkans fastigheter – Svenska kyrkan.
- Netherlands – Publication: “The Interior of the Medieval Village Church”
- UK – Historic Church Tours programme for 2014
- UK – Event: “Always Welcome: Improving the Church Visitor Experience”
- UK – Conference on Lighting in Churches and Cathedrals
- BELARUS – Religious organizations might contribute to tourism promotion in 2014
- MACEDONIA – Ohrid popularises religious tourism with Epiphany
- POLAND / BELARUS / UKRAINE – “Shtetl routes” under development in borderland
- UK – Half-day conference on Bridge Chapels
- UK /Wales – Three Catholic churches facing uncertain future as congregations get smaller