SLOVAKIA: KALVÁRIA V BANSKEJ ŠTIAVNICI/THE CALVARY IN BANSKÁ ŠTIAVNICA
Website: http://www.kalvaria.org/ (in Slovak)
Complex of sacral buildings at the Calvary in the Banska Stiavnica was built in 1741 – 1755 and it is one of the most significant sacral monuments of its kind in Slovakia. In 1951 the Calvary was nationalised by the Communist party what was a starting point of its gradual deterioration. Thanks to the successful campaign of Association ’91 and Slovak Scouting in 2007 the Calvary appeared on the list of 100 most endangered monuments in the world. This led in 2008 to re-establishing of the Calvary Fund, which took care of the Calvary until 1951. Its main aim is to restore, conserve and further promote its high artistic quality. This beautiful website is a part of this initiative and along the beautiful photo gallery and history section presents undertaken conservation and restoration works.