The website and initiative www.ohrozenekostoly.sk (transl.: “endangered churches”), is the only countrywide initiative working to protect historical places of worship and to gain knowledge about underused and redundant churches and chapels in Slovakia. Everything is run out of the pure enthusiasm of two PhD students at the Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava, there is no financial profit from the activities and there are no financial resources.
– the database of underused and redundant churches “Databáza”
– interactive map of underused and redundant churches and chapels (red) and ongoing projects (blue)
– maintenance guide for owners of historical places of worship “Starostlivosť”
– ongoing projects “Projekty záchrany a obnovy”
– terminology in slovak language “Terminológia”
As a registrated user, you can do a filtered search according to denomination, type of building, region, district, historical region, which is useful to find common features/factors etc.
Also visit the Facebook page, for more informal and more actual information on what is going on.